Saturday, April 30, 2011

6 Week Blah...

A week ago things couldn't have been better... finally had some energy, was able to have a date night with my husband, and got all dressed up and went to dinner. We had such a good time :) He has really put up with a lot so it was nice to take him out and let him know how much I appreciate him. I am really starting to notice the weight loss in my face. Here's a picture of our night:

It feels really good to start being in front of the camera instead of hiding behind it because of how I look.

Anyways, woke up Easter morning and that's when it started. Horrible pain in my lower abdomen and couldn't keep any food down. And this continued... until Wednesday when I wasn't able to keep liquids down either. I finally called my doctor and they scheduled an endoscopy on Friday. 

Friday comes and I'm weaker than I was the day after surgery. No food for a week and minimum liquids really did a toll on me. Waking up after the scope wasn't as bad as I thought. It felt like I closed my eyes and blinked myself back to the recovery room. 

And the results? The opening to my pouch had tightened a lot so they stretched it a bit. I also have 3 small ulcers. They didn't give me a reason as to why I would have ulcers already but prescribed me some medication to help heal them. It doesn't help that I had really bad acid reflux prior to surgery though. 

So, at the 6 week mark things are kind of blah. It's basically been a week off all my vitamins and protein so I am tired, weak, and really having buyers remorse. I woke up this morning feeling some pain in my pouch (I'm assuming its from the stretching) but otherwise a little bit better. I will definitely keep you up to date on this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment