Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hi-Ho-Hi-Ho... It's back to work I go!

After 2 1/2 weeks it was time to head back to work. So this Monday I made the journey to the office. My job is a pretty stressful one... not so much on my body or being active but very mentally stressful. I thought that maybe it would help me get my mind of things at home and help with making my new life schedule.

Monday morning at 5:45am.... It hit me. Oh my Gosh: I am so not ready for this. I struggled to get down a protein shake that early and headed into the office. I felt horrible. Even though people in the office don't know the particulars about my surgery I heard more "why don't you take the rest of the day off?" comments than I've ever heard before. But, I stuck it through.

Tuesday morning at 5:45am.... Even worse than the day before. More exhausted. More pain. I came home from running errands after work and went to bed by 7.

Wednesday morning at 5:45am.... Perfect. No pain. No sleepiness (other than normal 5:45am sleepiness). I felt great. And you know what? It lasted all day. I got all my vitamins in, all my protein in, all my walking in, all my food in, and I had energy. I felt somewhat normal and I loved it.

And today? Felt not as amazing as the day before but still good. I really hope I'm getting the hang of this. I'm sure there will still be days I'm exhausted... There will be days I am better than yesterday too though. I am liking that I am able to figure out my routine and what I need to do at the times I need to do it. I don't have it perfected yet but I'm hoping in another week or so I can have it down to a science.

And weight loss? I can't wait to tell you... but you'll have to wait until next week for that. I'm not sure we will see any real difference in my 1 month pictures... but it will be fun to do anyways. Next Tuesday is my doctor's appointment and I'm hoping she is as happy as me when she sees the scale.

I do have two new goals for this next week though:
1) More Protein: I really need to focus on getting more and more of this done. I know I can do it... it's just struggling with getting it all in every day.
2) Adding more exercise: I haven't been released by my doctor but I need to be walking more and trying to be more active and not rely on my family to help do things as much anymore... Even though it has been nice not doing laundry for 3 weeks ;-) Hopefully I get released on Tuesday by the doctor to do more exercises. I really loved doing the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga and felt like I was able to tone up some with that. We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment