Monday, April 11, 2011

Cravings!

Only 4 more days of my full liquid diet and then I'm allowed to start pureed. I don't think I have ever been so excited to eat pureed food in my life. My head is constantly rambling with all my food choices that are able to appear these next 4 weeks. I love looking at recipes and I can't wait to try some of the new ideas I have found.

With that being said, my biggest obstacle (other than the complete lack of energy) is my cravings. I have two different craving moods I have found to lurk in:

1. Pre-Surgery Cravings: I still find myself wanting things I had pre-surgery. Like pizza... oh pizza. There are days I would kill someone for a bacon cheeseburger. It is really hard some days and other days I don't mind at all. My work had a huge pitch in the other day... filled with lots of sugary sweets and to my surprise it didn't bother me at all. What I wanted the most was to join my co-workers the day before out to a local burger joint. Of course, I didn't. But I definitely gave them the "stink eye" about it and complained the rest of the day. :)

2. Post-Surgery Cravings: I can't wait to eat cucumber slices. I have no idea why. It sounds so unbelievably good to me right now. I'm really excited that I get to start them with my pureed foods. I am also craving cantaloupe, salads, and tomatoes. The last two are still 4+ weeks out but you can bet that on Thursday morning I am eating some cantaloupe!

I see my doctor for the first time since surgery on Tuesday. I'm nervous/excited about this. I am nervous that my doctor's scale doesn't show the progress that mine at home does. I am excited that I will be moving to pureed foods (after a month of liquids). I am nervous that there is a complication I don't know about. I'm excited to have 1 month over and behind me. I am also hoping that my doctor clears me for exercise. I think that will help boost my energy levels!

See you Thursday, Friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment