Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pre-Op Requirements? Complete!

It's been a very busy week for my pre-op requirements and I am proud to say that they are all over!! We are now smooth sailing until March 17th. I have never looked forward to St. Patrick's day as much as I have this year :)

On Thursday, I went to my nutrition class and pre-op class. It went by so fast for being an all day class. I learned a ton and feel much better about what is headed my way post-op. Everything from diet, to exercise, to mental breakdowns, to time in surgery was covered. I think my husband (my support) was even impressed with everything he learned. I also got to go "shopping" for my post-op supplies (more on this in another post).

On Friday, or as I called it "The Day of Pain", I completed all of my pre-op testing. It took them 4 times before finding a vein for my bloodwork... ouch! I'm now the owner of 4 beautiful bruises covering my arms. Then it was urine test, a test to see about ulcers, a chest x-ray, a abdominal ultra sound, a lung capacity test, an EKG, and the upper GI with Barium. I've still trying to recuperate from the Barium. Then I headed to my OBGYN, 1 1/2 hours away, to get my girl parts checked. I still have no idea why that test was needed but it's completed.

Now the waiting arrives. Waiting for surgery and waiting to make sure all the above mentioned tests are okay. I have I mentioned that I hate waiting?

No comments:

Post a Comment