Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cutting Off Ties: Part 1

Today I say goodbye to a very old and loyal friend of mine as I prepare for surgery in less than 3 weeks...

R.I.P. Diet Pepsi and all other sodas

It's sad day... even typing this I begin to crave an icy cold Diet Pepsi but I know this is for the best. It's not a requirement for my pre-op but I know I can't indulge in soda after surgery so I decided to nip this habit now. 

Will I ever drink soda again? Yes, I'm sure I will. But will I ever go back to drinking 3-4 sodas in a day? I hope not. It's really not healthy for anyone... WLS'ers or not. Knowing that this surgery is a lifestyle change for me and my family I want consciously make healthy choices now. Even my husband (who is addicted to soda) has decided to forgo all soda with me. I'm glad I have his support :) 

So yesterday at the grocery store we stocked up on this:

bottled water and knock-off Crystal Light packets.

And to make me even happier I can continue to add my knock-off drink packets to my water post-surgery! This will make getting my water requirement in so much easier!

2 comments:

  1. Soda wasn't the hardest thing for me. The bread/pasta was the hardest for me. Its what I grew up on, essentially (probably why I got so fat... ) and I miss it terribly. I wont even lie... I just had 2pieces of white bread for a tomato sandwich. LOL. But... we gotta do what we gotta do, right? I'm so looking forward to having my surgery and I don't want to ruin my pouch once I get it.


    BTW... where did your mom get those medicine cups for post op? That'd be great to have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bread is going to be incredibly hard for me as well! We can do it!

    My mom was given a lot of the cups when she left the hospital and just kept them... I would also think you could pick them up at a medical supply store? Maybe even at a pharmacy?

    ReplyDelete