Saturday, February 19, 2011

On my way...

So this is it. I've made a blog to document my journey through my process of weight loss surgery (WLS). I promise to keep it real- no beating around any bushes- and to answer any questions someone might have. I know that reading others blogs has definitely helped me in this pre-op phase and I hope I am able to help other pre-op'ers out there!

So what's my story? I never was really heavy growing up. I think I always thought I was but I didn't really start packing on the weight until a bad high school breakup and a high school job in fast food. Then I couldn't stop. I didn't eat because I was unhappy... I ate because I was happy, sad, stressed, frustrated, bored, lonely, celebrating, etc. Everything was cause to celebrate with food! 

And now I'm here. 24 years old and obese. I can't wait until I never have to see that word and think of it being me. I fear sitting in booths at restaurants, I would die before I wore a swimsuit in public, and being comfortable in jeans? Forget it. 

But this is all about to change! My WLS surgery has been scheduled for March 17th... less than a month away! I'm choosing to have the roux-en-y gastric bypass (RNY) and I am very excited about it! I hope this becomes the tool I need to become the person trapped inside this shell. As cliche as it is to say... my skinny person is dying to get out of this body!

Now begins all the pre-op things I have to do. Tuesday I have to get my girl parts checked, March 4th is my pre-op testing, and on Monday I need to schedule my nutrition class. Even being obese I'm a pretty healthy person... no medical problems at this time. So I'm praying that everything is still that way and all my tests comes back clear for surgery. I will, of course, be updating you all the way. 

Here begins my journey... and I'm so excited to share it with you. 

Love!

3 comments:

  1. I seen your link on O.H, good luck and hope time flies by quick so you can get your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment and for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm starting to follow your blog...still in pre-op stages right now. It's been very helpful to read but now I'm nervous about the pain! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete