Thursday, February 24, 2011

Getting Ready... and Nervous!

Time is running away from me this week! I started the week with nothing scheduled and I'm now proud to say that everything is scheduled:


March 1st- Support Group Meeting
March 3rd- all day appointment for my pre-op nutrition class
March 4th- morning pre-op testing at the hospital, afternoon at OBGYN for my lady exam
March 17th- Surgery!

It's a ton to do... and on top of it I have plenty going on at work. I did get all my FMLA paperwork done so I'm happy to say it is all taken care of. Now, just getting all the tests done and over with. I'm starting to get nervous... what is my pap smear is abnormal? What is my EKG is bad? What if the results from my lady exam don't even get back in time? All questions that I have no merit to worry about... but I will... until I am being wheeled back for surgery on the 17th. :) The curse of the Type A personality. 

My mom, who had her WLS surgery in May 2010, stocked me up with plenty of helpful tools for my first few weeks post-op. 

1 oz. medicine cups to measure foods and infant "sipper" lids for my water bottles! 

It blows my mind that I am going to be content with 2 oz. portions of food... 2 little medicine cups of liquids then pureed foods. Would it be insane to say I'm excited? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment