Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ugh... Swimsuits.

It's that dreaded time of year... Swimsuit season.

I thought this year would be better but it's just not. I still hate the way I look in swimsuits. I keep telling myself "wait, next year will be better" and "you look better than you would have without the surgery"... but it doesn't help.

I've only had to face the world in a swimsuit twice this season already... both at a water park. This summer we are heading to Florida so I know that number will only rise. My husband suggested going out and buying a new swimsuit (one that actually fits right... the old one is way too loose). I'm hoping this helps.

As far as an update on how life is: life is good. I'm getting sick less often and I have found a good routine for taking all my vitamins and medications. It really took almost the whole 3 months before things "clicked" with my mind and body. I still tend to overestimate how much I can eat and then waste a bunch of food... but at least I'm not trying to finish everything and making myself sick. This Friday will be my 3 months mark... I can't wait to show everyone here my progress!

1 comment:

  1. I was ecstatic to buy a bathing suit this year - 4 sizes smaller than the one from last year! It was a good feeling! Good for you, girl! At 3 months post-op, I'm down 65 pounds. Amazing stuff!!

    ReplyDelete