Monday, June 27, 2011

Swimsuit... No worries!!

So today was the day... the dreaded day that I needed to buy the swimsuit for our vacation coming up next week. And you know what? It really wasn't so bad!

I really wish I had a picture of me prior to surgery in a swimsuit... Ha, I don't think I was 400 feet around a camera at that time. I am definitely not saying I'm at a place in my mind/body where I will be taking beach pictures this year... but I feel sooooo much better in this bathing suit then I do in the big one from last year.

So, what was the deal maker? I found a great deal on a tankini at Lane Bryant. The top is fit just like a bra so it holds the girls in place (the girls who don't seem to be getting ANY smaller at this point...) and the bottom is just a bikini bottom. I have to take the top in to get altered so the straps are shortened a bit so I'm hoping I feel even better after that's done. And the bottoms? A size 18. They are a little tight, not going to lie, so I'm debating going up a size. My husband says they look fine (isn't he suppose to say that?!) but I'm not 100% convinced yet. :)

I'm looking forward to the idea of not being overly hot and uncomfortable down in Florida. Last year I was miserable- I never wanted to get dressed. I feel like I've lost enough weight that getting dressed won't be such a chore and I won't have to wear a potato sack to make myself feel good about what I look like in my clothes. Those, my friends, are happy thoughts that make me going into my 4th month not completely regret the surgery. Every NSV I have reiterates to me how necessary the hell of the first 2 months were. So pre-opers and newbie post-opers... It will get better. Just maybe not as quickly as you pray, hope, beg for it to!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! It must feel great to wear a bathing suit and feel more confident than you used to. Good idea about getting it tailored. I have the opposite problem with the girls: I don't have much there. lol. I should get my bathing suit tops altered too. :)

    Thanks for the idea and those good old motivational thoughts that things will get better.

    -Gastric Kitty

    ReplyDelete